Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Happy Canada Day!!

WOW!!
 
JULY 1.....
 
I hope there are some fireworks in your evening somewhere tonight!!
 
 
With all this rain,
 
 the weeds and wild flowers are doing wonderfully!!
 
Alfalfa.....

 
Clover.....
 
 
Even the foxtail is beautiful in its array of purples....

 
As if that was not enough...
 
Mom and I decided to clean out the Prairie Greenhouse in Weyburn,Sk yesterday

 
It's kind of scary how many flowers fit in the back seat of the truck!!!

 
I am sure I will be regretting these after planting today!!
Speaking of gardening...
 
 
I finished my Antique Seeds Weekender bag!!
 
 
I did it 'quilt-as-you-go' ....
 
 
This time I used vinyl sheeting on the bottom for easy clean up.
 
Definitely need to keep an eye out for some laminated fabric next time!!

 
I love this pattern.
 
It is easy and has great results.

 
There is a support group for the Amy Butler Weekender Bag online
but
I have to say I have not had any trouble

 
I also have to say...
 
 

 

 
 I have never read the instructions either.
 
I can hear my friends now....
 
'Shocking!!'
 
Have a great Canada Day!!
 
I will be crippled after all this planting!!
Christa
 
 
 
 

 


1 comment:

  1. Been in the garden (aka MUCK) this morning too as the sun is shining. Don't you know you should stop for tea or coffee when you're in Weyburn????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...